A kitchen faucet is a great way to use your garden hose for filling your buckets or watering the plants inside the kitchen and outside in the garden. If your kitchen lies near the garden and you want a water source for watering the plants, then attaching a garden hose to the kitchen faucet is a good idea. You can also use the hose to fill buckets when you need to wash a lot of dishes or you need the bucket for mopping the floor.
You need to follow the following steps to attach your garden hose to the kitchen faucet:
- The first thing you need to do is to get a faucet adapter which will turn your faucet’s end into a hose fitting and can be used to attach your garden hose.
- The next step would be to unscrew the faucet tip. For this, you need to put a cloth in the sink to avoid dropping of faucet tip pieces and losing them.
- Then, you need to screw the faucet adaptor onto your faucet’s end and make sure that it is tightly fitted.
- Now, you need to hose type vacuum breaker on the hose threads before you start attaching the garden hose to your faucet. This will ensure that no chemicals or dirt get sucked by the faucet if the hose is left in a chemical solution or a contaminated water.
- Now, you need to ensure that the gasket is in place in the hose before you start connecting the hose to the faucet, otherwise, your hands will end up getting soaked with water.
- Once you have ensured that the hose is correctly protected and there won’t be any leakage or suctioning, then you can finally screw the hose onto the faucet adapter. Make sure that you connect them tightly and that there won’t be any leaks.
- Once your work is done with the garden hose, you need to re-attach the faucet tip to your faucet. Make sure you will use best kitchen faucet for garden hose, otherwise your faucet can get damage. So, now you will need to remove the faucet adapter and hose, and then screw back the faucet tip tightly to the faucet and check for leaks. Make sure you make the seal tight else there will be a water leak.
- You can also add a Teflon tape to the faucet to stop leakage from the faucet tip. You will need to remove the faucet tip first and then add 2-3 layers of Teflon tape in the clockwise direction to the faucet thread. Make sure you apply the tape tightly around the threaded area and don’t leave any extra tape hanging from the faucet exit as it can hinder the flow of water from the faucet.
- Once you have taped the faucet, you need to screw back the faucet tip on top of the Teflon tape.
- Cut any extra tape with a knife and peel away any remaining scraps.
- Your faucet is now ready to use again without any leaks.